
On Friday the 25th we travel back to northern Arizona for the Larson Family Reunion. It was Cord's grandma's (Mimi) 86th birthday. We stayed at a lodge in Greer. In fact we had the whole place to ourselves. The owners were a little shocked at the number of little kids that were there. I guess we should have warned them that we were Mormon! :)

The first night was karaoke night. Here is Cord's mom (in the green) with two of her sisters.

Cord & Tommy rocked out to some Johnny Cash -- too bad there isn't sound!

Mom (Risa), Tennille & Mimi. The card on the table is probably one of the 86 we gave Mimi that night.

Here is Alli with her aunt Camie -- both were looking pretty cute I think!

Here is one of the many games of nerts Alli, Stella & Finn played. I think I took this pretty close to midnight which is why Cole is looking so tired.

We had a great time playing games, watching movies and enjoying the catered food. Greer is beautiful and the kids loved hiking around. Here are a few pictures from our picnic Saturday afternoon.

Some of the rugrats. I made them stop their game of capture the flag to take this photo.

There was a small stream that ran along the road. Lily & Georgia built a bridge over it. They wanted me to test it out -- needless to say I was a little afraid that while the bridge held these 7 year old girls just fine I wasn't too sure how I'd do. Oh ye of little faith...it held just fine!

Will & Pearl


And finally I had to take a picture of this sign in Springerville. I laughed when I saw it. The sign in yellow says "not just western" -- I guess they are trying to expand.
So there was our trip to Arizona -- no more vacation photos from me for a while -- sorry if I bored you with them just be grateful I didn't post all of them!
8 comments:
I think I'm going to have to print out your vacation entries for my journal. :) Matt also loved the cactuses (or should I say cacti?). That was something to see them stretch on and on. And I'm so glad to see a picture of Mimi in her little black keds!
that looks like one big, fun, family get together- so cool- Allison looks soooo beautiful and way older than I imagine her! she was four or five when we first met her! goodness!
Alli is getting to be older than I imagine too! And Sym I'm glad to you like the posts. They pretty much are my journal. I used to be pretty faithful in writing but can't seem to do it latley. This is an easier way for now. After all a picture is worth a thousand words right?
I think they'll have to do a little more than post a few words to change they're customer clientele. Cool photo.
The card games look fun.
Looks like a great family! Enjoyed the pictures regardless what you think. I am so glad to have this chance to get to know you better through your blog!
PS Thanks to you and Cord for Youth Conference.
hey it looks like you all had a great time! arizona is so dang hot!!! can't believe how much alli looks like you!!! and you both look just like your mom. uncanning! (hee! hee! just a little goofy humor!) all the kids are dang cute!
Looks like a great trip!!!
Why don't we ever get together and play card games?! We should. Soon.
Be sure and let me know when you plan to hit up the store with the horse...I'm certain we could find some hot fashions! Let me guess...Al...is that where you did your back to school shopping? I'll bet! Glad you guys had a great time...and glad Lindy made it home first before she decided to have that baby! :O)
Post a Comment