Thursday, August 14, 2008

Will Wonders Never Cease

For those of you who know me very well this post may come as a big shock. I know my mom will especially be surprised . . . yes we got a dog. After 15 years of asking, Cord got his wish (so there is hope Matt). The kids have asked on and off for a while but the requests have gotten louder recently and I was outnumbered 6 to 1 .



I knew I was in trouble when Cord started making trips to adoption websites and then found his way to the animal shelter. Last week he took the kids there and they all fell in love with several. There was no stopping it -- I had to give in.


Cord wants to make sure our kids are not afraid of animals. Will & Barry had a bad experience with a dog of our former neighbors and Will is pretty scared of dogs. As you can see though she is a sweety and Barry just loves her. We walked all around the shelter and most of the dogs were barking and jumping around like crazy but this one just wagged her tail.

We took her and several other dogs to the "get acquainted room" and she was was by far the best behaved she doesn't jump and is very tolerant of our kids. . .so here she is -- the newest member of our family!

11 comments:

Grandma Mary said...

Good for you. You may find she becomes your friend ,too. What is her name....and yes I was shocked. Though I also know if you have a good dog, it can be a great addtion to the family.

Unknown said...

i have to make sure no one in my family see this. i am the mean one that keeps saying no! good for you, though. she looks cute. we'll have to come over and meet her.

Chantel said...

YOU BOUGHT A DOG!?!?!?!?

Britney said...

She is so sweet looking! I'm so jealous! Now my kids will NEVER want to leave your house!

I can't wait to hear her name -- and who's job it will be to scoop poop. :)

Congratulations!

Brenda said...

Gage has become quite proficient at "pooper-scoopin" so if you need him to give pointers to the kids let me know...tonight was good times! I just realized on the way home how much I missed all you guys! I think that Penny, Zoe, or whatever her name ends up being will grow to become a great Udall! Way to go Heidi...you did a good thing!

3girlsmom said...

holy crap what were you thinking? hello!! we have like 8 german shepherd puppies that need to go!! i think she (btw what is her name?) needs a friend. don't you? she is beautiful! trust me i am with you, dogs are alot of work, but they soon become part of the family and i do love ours. even if 8 of them need to be loved by someone else soon.

congrats on the new edition!!

Heidi said...

Heather I think getting your dogs from Florida to Utah might have been a little bit longer of a drive than I was willing to make! :)

Shauna said...

She just "looks" like a great family dog. Very sweet and I'm glad you "saved" her. A built in best friend for everyone.

Keep us posted on who's job it will be to poop scoop.

3girlsmom said...

hey we do offer shipping!! hee hee!

and btw about the 3:30 am blogging, i did happen to catch the time you left your comment. hmmm..... 2:53am. just saying. thanks for the well wishes! love ya!

Anonymous said...

Her name is Penny!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, she is beautiful, I am glad you found a great addition to the family. Don't tell Scott he is still begging and secretly wishing...I have not given in yet