Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Last School Projects

School is out for us on Friday and the kids have been working on a few final projects at school. The second graders had a literary wax museum . The kids all picked a character from a book they read this year and dressed up like that character.

Lily really wanted to be Fancy Nancy but there were already a few of them so we decided since we had the old lady wig from Halloween -- Lily should be the old lady from this book...


Here is the old lady herself. She said it was really hard to keep the shell by her mouth all day (it really was only 1/2 hour). She looked great -- and had a fun time.

The fifth graders at school participated in 'mini society'. This is where the students learn about what it takes to run a business (taxes, rent, etc.). The kids then all have to set up a booth and try to make some money (the other grades are given some fake money to spend).

I have to say that Cole & I weren't terribly motivated to do this. So instead of making something to sell Cole had a raffle. He sold tickets to win one of 4 candy prizes. Here he is in his booth..."Cole's Candy Raffle".

So is it bad that I am ready to have a break from school projects? Now I'm off to make end of year teacher gifts!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you know i totally agree on the "i am ready for school projects to end"! unfortunately, luke has mini society this week. . . ugh

Unknown said...

oh, and lily looks awesome!

Britney said...

Fun school projects! I know they might be a pain, but they are so fun! I love the Old Lady! hee hee! How did the raffle go?! Fun idea!

So,....what are you doing for teachers? Do tell.

3girlsmom said...

how fun! lily looks great! i love the shell by the mouth "all day" thing. sounds like something sarah would say.

i agree with you. i am done with the projects too. and the getting up at 6am, and the homework, and the everything. however we have until next wed!!!! in my opinion it should be over before memorial day!

happy summer!