Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We had such a great weekend. Here are a few photos from our camping trip. It ended up being colder than we would have liked but we didn't get rained on so that is a plus. Besides our hearts were warmed with friendship (ha! is that cheesy enough?)


For dinner we roasted hot dogs. Here are Brett, Brenda, Jordan (their neighbor) & Gage. I had to put this picture in because of the giant hot dog that ended up in the shot. Love it! Come on you are hungry just looking at it aren't you?!

I laughed when I saw this picture too -- Kristie looks as cute as ever & Dave is such a ham.

Alli, Cord & Will

Tallon, Tess Lily & Luke

After dinner we made s'mores. The boys poked the fire as much as humanly possible thus creating as much smoke as humanly possible. To say that we all reeked of smoke is an understatement.

Here the teens+1 mocked there parents and reminisced about the good old days in the "hood".

The kids slept remarkably well

And to the kids delight Trevor found a snake!

As I said we had a blast hanging out with friends this weekend. On Monday I even got to go shopping and finished up the bathroom madness. I'll post pictures of that later. I hope you had a great weekend too!

7 comments:

Lindy said...

Wow, what a weekend! I'm glad you guys were able to do that. Good times.

Brenda said...

We had a blast too! Thanks for thinkin of it! :O)

Britney said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you had such a great weekend.

Michelle said...

Where did you go that you missed the rain? I think I will finish the book in time this week. Becky brought me a copy to read. Yea.

3girlsmom said...

how fun! that is the only kind of camping i like. cold camping. it is tooooo stinkin' hot and muggy here to go this time of year!

way cool that you found a snake. and the hot dog! crack me up! attack of the giant hot dog! it just needs a little photoshopping of an evil hairdo and a mustache!

Karen said...

Looks like you had fun. I'm glad to see you survived the attack of the giant hot dog. It's all fun and games at the camp fire until someone loses a weiner.

Amanda said...

Fun to see everyone in the pictures. Looks like you had fun!