Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More end of the year stuff

The kids have been having so much fun this week. Who doesn't love the end of the year?

The second graders had a talent show yesterday. Lily & a few of her friends made up a dance at recess and preformed it -- too funny! Her class also did a synchronised swimming routine that was very funny. I tried to upload the video but I had some problems so you'll have to settle for very fuzzy still shots.

Here is Lily diving into the water...nice form egh?

The kids all came out of the "water" one at time and then dove off to either the left or the right.

At the end of the beautiful water ballet Mrs. Sugu jumped in wearing a shark floaty (mind you she is 8 months pregnant!!) And all the kids ran -- I mean swam -- off the stage screaming. It really was cute.

Cole had his annual walking field trip. All year the kids run laps during school. There is a set time each day for each class to run. If you run 400 laps or 100 miles by the end of the year you get to go on a field trip to a local park and have lunch. Now mind you the park is 4 (yes 4) miles away. But the kids love it and it's a great way promote physical fitness.

The best part of the field trip comes when they arrive back at the school and get hosed down by the fire department. No, it's not due to violent protest that school is out. Thee get hoed down just for fun.

Oh & can I point out those mountains? I love those mountains!

Here are the great firefighters who came to give the children joy -- how cool are they?

Can you see the water? -- it kind of looks like a cloud.

Cole...soaked

Here are Jordan, Jake & Cole waiting for me to waterproof the seats before I let them get in the van.

4 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

Obviously, I don't know your kids personally, but still, they can crack me up. Lily must be quite a character.

What a cool idea about running laps throughout the school year.

Finally, those mountains look SO beautiful. I am jealous.

Grandma Mary said...

What fun to be young. If Lily can fly, should be in California in no time.

Robyn said...

Good times! I love end of year festivities... just not the part about kids being home ALL the time!

Britney said...

SO FUN!!!!