Friday, October 9, 2009

A few crazy things





Yesterday was crazy hair day at school. This is Will just after eating lunch (before I wiped the Oreo off of his face and before I did this to his hair...




I can't believe how long his hair is! And I can't believe I got it to stay up. Can you say hairspray!!

The other wonky thing going on around here are these blocks...

Alli wants a new quilt for her bed and I have been wanting to try some of the improv blocks for a while so here is the result.

She loves them and that makes me happy -- you know how hard it can be to please teenagers. But then again it seems that all you have to do is spend some money on them and all is well in Zion.

This is Alli's favorite block.



When I finish all of the blocks I am going to separated each with a white strip (which will look much better than the ugly tan of my carpet).

It is a happy quilt and really comes together fast. I can't wait until it's finished!

9 comments:

Britney said...

That is some seriously awesome hair Will!!!! You look like a rockstar!!!

I love those wonky blocks! They are so cool! I can't wait to see it all finished.

Stacey said...

Super cute quilt! I am motivated to work on one of my own now. And I'm glad Ali loves it, that always makes all the time and effort and frustration worth it!

Marcie Ashton said...

Glad to know that it's not just my teenager who responds to money...

Shauna said...

Every single time I see one of your blocks I think it's my favorite! It's happening again. STRANGE!!!
I LOVE this.

Karen said...

Love the hair! Love the quilt! Love your guts!

Christie said...

love the hair. It brings me back to my Crazy Day memories of school.

Did you design the blocks yourself? Very fun and original!

Unknown said...

it is all incredible! the hair, the blocks, and you!

Robyn said...

That quilt looks great! I love the funky colors and patterns. How do you have time for all these projects?!

Will's hair is AWESOME! What kind of hair spray is that? I need to get some. Austin would be so jealous!

Amanda said...

Love, love, love the quilt blocks. The colors are great. I've got to make one of those quilts too!