Thursday, October 1, 2009

Another Block of the Month

I know, I know I am already doing a BOM for my quilt group but I decided to sign up for another as well. This was in through a local quilt shop. A few ladies in my quilt group have done this "Saturday Sampler" in the past and loved it. It is a pretty hard core commitment. And if you don't follow through it can cost you $$


Every second Saturday I head over to the shop and they give me a packet with fabric and instructions to make a block or in the case with the first 2 month four smaller blocks.


The next month you are to bring your finished block to the shop and if you don't have it (them) completed you have to pay $5.00 and if you don't come on the second Saturday you have to pay $5.00 or if you send someone in your place you guessed it... $5.00

These are the blocks I received in my first packet



And my second packet

Today I am going to try and sew my next four blocks -- after all I need all my money to buy fabric for my other projects!

5 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

I love those colors!

Britney said...

I can't even tell you how relieved I am right now -- you know what I mean. :)

They look great! Go you quilting maniac go!!!!

Unknown said...

i guess that makes sure you get it done!
you are awesome!

mycattripoli said...

i pieced my first baby quilt this summer! the seams dont align and i still havent put the boarder and binding on- but are you proud of me or what!!! i shall aspire to your heights- and find a group to join...

Christie said...

I think the pattern and colors of your blog boarder would make a cool block.