Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cole's Birthday

July is a busy birthday month for us Cord's birthday is in two weeks! Here are some photos of our celebration yesterday. Cole decided on pizza for his birthday dinner and he wanted chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. I made a new (to me) recipe from Martha & it turned out pretty good. Alli added the candy "C". He loved opening the presents -- thanks for the gifts grandma & grandpa's!






Tonight Cole is having his "friends" party. Cord is going to take the boys to a park to play night games. I'm sure we will have an update tomorrow!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Yeah Cole....Happy Birthday from the Cottles! Your are getting to be quite the kid, even though my favorite memory of you is watching you "scoot" all over the gym floor at the church! What a darling baby he was...Heidi you've done brilliant! I'm going to have to say close second on the favorite memory of Cole was how much he loved otter pops!

Rachel said...

I hope that you don't mind me checking out your blog. I am cord's friend from high school. I have come across a bunch of classmates blogs and I love to read them and see what their families have been up to. I don't remember meeting you at the reunion...did I? Hopefully we will see you guys at the big 20 year! I got your blog address from either mindy or lindy. Anyways..you are so good to blog! I always procrastinate and then I forget what I was going to blog about...Your family is adorable!
Rachel

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Cole! (And Lily a few days late.) I noticed that he got Settler's of Catan. YAY!! I'm a huge fan of that game and have SeaFarers of Catan and Cities and Knights of Catan and also the 5 to 6 player expansions. (OK, I'm a bit of a nerd.) Anyway...if you ever need someone else to play with... I just live across the street. (I also have Killer Bunnies... have you ever played that?)

Heidi said...

Brenda -- I laugh thinking about all that scooting in the gym too funny. And you'll be happy to know that he still loves the otter pops

Hi Rachel -- I don't know if have met or not either but Cord says hi too

Karen -- you have to come over and show us how to play (it sounds like your house is Funfinity). I haven't played in so long. And what is Killer Bunnies?

symonie said...

Heidi-ho, I just looked at your blog for the first time this month so I had a lot of catching up to do! You've been blogging like a true blogger should. I love the flickr mosaic. I want to try it, even though I don't have my own blog. :) And I LOVE the posts from the kids' birthdays and the trip to Lagoon. (Is Keegan growing a beard?) Thanks for doing this blog thing and sharing it all with us. Oh yeah, and I noticed you got yourself one of those maps. Teehee.

Chantel said...

I can't believe Cole is already 10. Happy Birthday old man.

Britney said...

Sounds like he had a great birthday! He is such a good kid -- it must be in the water down there! :)

Britney said...

P.S. Where's my piece of that delicious looking chocolate cake?!?! Come on! Where's the love?!
That looks like a good book club cake! hint hint