It's almost the fourth of July so this quote from an e-mail Brigham sent (Cord's brother) that Shayla posted on their blog seems appropriate. Brig has been in Iraq for a few months.
"I'm just here to help out my guys and others around me, improve myself, and come home to you."
A positive note on the war: "I spoke a lot this week with two Iraqi interpreters that work with us. Hearing about how Iraq used to be under Saddam etc, and hearing about the situation they're in really gave me some perspective. They really need us, and most of them are given hope from the US being here. It inspires me, and I hope that in the end, we are successful in Iraq. It will be worth it, and ultimately will have been a Christlike act from one nation to another. I hope and pray that good triumphs!!"
We miss you Brigham -- especially Lily who loves you a lot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
wow, that was awesome to read, you never hear positive things coming from the war... but there you go.
thanks for sharing. it's nice to hear his thoughts.
tell him thanks for serving!
Nice and patriotic. I'm feelin' the fourth. Thanks
Very cool! I hope he stays safe and well!
This is a great post for 4th of July. I enjoy hearing the perspective of your BIL, who is really there, because I feel like we can't trust anything we see on tv and in the papers. Just wish it all didn't have to happen in the first place! I hope he gets to return to his family soon!
Love to Brigham and his devoted wife and baby! Thanks so much...I appreciate you sharing such intimate family stories with us all. I hope we can all express our gratitude to ANY soldier when we have the opportunity. I have to tell you, I got so totally choked-up when all the Vets passed by in the Provo parade. There was even a man who had survived Pearl Harbor! Good to know I'm still a big boob too, huh? :O)
Post a Comment