Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Cord!

Yesterday was Cord's birthday, he turned 37 and lucky him -- he got to spend it in a minivan (for nine hours) listening to the joyful harmony of our children.

So today we celebrated. We made one of his favorite dishes (pasta with grilled chicken and lots of vegies -- many from our garden and a Cesar dressing) for dinner and that perennial favorite Texas sheet cake. We are also going to head over to Cold Stone tomorrow -- the kids know how much he loves ice cream and want to take him there for their gift.

Here are a few of the many things we love about Cordy:
  • Cord loves his kids more than anything
  • He thinks he can dance
  • He loves baseball
  • He loves Heidi almost as much as the kids :)
  • Cord is a great cook
  • Cord likes to watch sports with the sound off so he doesn't have to hear the "idiot announcers"
  • He is a very hard worker and a bit of a perfectionist
  • Cord can make me laugh like no one else
  • He cuts his own hair
  • He puts the kids to bed every night
  • Even though he thinks he can -- he can't do an impression of Shaggy
  • Cord has a strong testimony and leads his family with love.
  • He does the grocery shopping
  • Because he does the shopping we have at least 4-5 kinds of ice cream in our frig at all times
  • He is not a fan of Bronco Mendenhall but still likes BYU football
  • Cord plays fantasy baseball, football & basketball
  • He loves Mexican and Korean food
  • Cord gives service and tells me I'm beautiful everyday
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORD/DAD!


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh, that was really sweet, Heidi. tell cord happy birthday from us. We love him too.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Cord, 37--just a young buck...Heidi, I love your little 'schpiels' about your loved ones...glad you had a nice vacation and your garden looks great!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday, you old knuckle head! I have a couple boys that could use a good konck on the noggin if your not too busy sometime! Glad you guys are back...dinner looked delicious! Let's have a cook-out soon...B

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday Cord! Save some of that sheet cake for me, it looks so good. It's big enough! So glad you guys are home. I missed you.

Anonymous said...

The Udall family is going crazy with these mosaic things!

Oh and happy birthday. :P

Mindy said...

happy bday cord. thanks for driving the distance. perhaps one day you could become a non-idiot announcer for the sport venues. love you cousin!!!

Britney said...

Happy Birthday Cord! Sounds like a good bday for a great guy!

P.S. You are all so tan!!! How do I get some of those tanning genes??!! :)

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday cord! It is so great to hear all the stories about cord...I always knew he would turn in to a great guy! He was great back in the day too! I am al so impressed how great he has aged! He looks as cute as he was in high school! Unlike the rest of us! Thanks for sharing Heidi...you are a lucky lady! Your family is so adorable! I am shocked we are close to pushing the 40 envelope...Oh Noo!!!

julie said...

YUM! I need that pasta recipe if you give it out? July is a busy month for your family. I must add that Cord is an EXCELLENT Deacon Leader or whatever his title is.

PS I love Lily's smile on her face when her daddy is kissing her. So sweet.

Marcie Ashton said...

I loved the "cuts his own hair" comment. Ryan attempts that one as well. Usually it involves the clippers and hiding from me in the bathroom. I think it works out much better for Cord.. .Maybe he just has more hair to start with!

Robyn said...

This is a great post about Cord! I love the photos and the kids are all so cute. I am always jealous how he helps you with dishes, grocery shopping, AND puts kids to bed. Man my husband is in trouble! Ha ha. Hope you all had a fun time together. The pasta looks so yummy. You are so Martha with your garden veggies and all.