We've been on vacation and I was so glad to sleep in my own bed after 9 nights elsewhere. We had the most amazing time visiting with family in Arizona. We were in St Johns then Mesa then Greer and then back to St Johns. I have so much to post but first I need to so some serious laundry before I can indulge in blogging. I did however want to post a few pictures of the garden. Our friends the Erickson's took care of the garden while we were gone and as you can see it thrived in our absence.
The butternut squash is growing out of our boxes! There are several tiny squash and lots of bloom of squash to come!


The tomatoes are now taller than the boys. I cant wait until they are all red. We ate all the ripe ones we could find this morning.
Purple peppers

Tomatillos

When we left out broccoli was a mere 4 inches big! And a little over a week later -- look!
I love having a vegetable garden it so fun to see the kids reaction to our growing garden.
While we were gone our garden was not the only thing to grow. Some maggots started growing in Cole's bug collection he started before we left. But don't worry I'm not posting any pictures of that!
The tomatoes are now taller than the boys. I cant wait until they are all red. We ate all the ripe ones we could find this morning.
Tomatillos
When we left out broccoli was a mere 4 inches big! And a little over a week later -- look!
I love having a vegetable garden it so fun to see the kids reaction to our growing garden.
While we were gone our garden was not the only thing to grow. Some maggots started growing in Cole's bug collection he started before we left. But don't worry I'm not posting any pictures of that!

7 comments:
We'll be happy to help you eat those tomatoes! They look great...you guys should have been pioneers! Glad your back...hope you had fun. Looking forward to vacation pics!
Yay! You're back!! You were missed! Happy birthday to Cord a day late.
I love the purple peppers. Can you pickle them? Because Peter Piper could pick a peck of purple pickled peppers for an even more pleasurable pasttime.
your garden is amazing! you are talented that way, no doubt about it.
glad you are back safe and sound.
Welcome Back! That is so great that your neighbors helped with the garden. I bet the kids were so excited to see the things they picked growing. You'll have to tell us how those purple peppers turn out. The tomatillos will be great in Cafe Rio dressing! Yum.
I love vacation pics, so please share. I always feel overwhelmed with them all (if you take as many as I do) but it's so much fun to look through them.
Awesome garden! I love the pictures of the tomato plants bigger than the kids. So cute! Everything looks great -- you must have the magic touch!
I just picked our first tomatoes! Yum!!! I love veggie gardens too! Welcome home.
Post a Comment