Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vacation - The First Leg - St Johns, AZ

Our trip started Saturday the 19th. We all piled into the minivan with plenty of snacks and movies and headed south. The kids were remarkably good for most of the trip. They read, played games, watched movies and listened to music. In fact I don't think I can even count how many times Will & Barry made us listen to "Pork & Beans" by Weezer. Our good luck ran out about an hour outside of St Johns 7 1/2 hours was enough they were done so Cord started rapping and then the kids REALLY were done :)



Cord took Cole and Sullivan (a cousin) to a canyon about 1/2 hour out of town where there's a ton of Indian rock art. They had a great time. One of Cord's favorite things to do is hike. I'm so glad Cole loves it too and that they can do together.

Grandpa took the kids up to they park where they played Wiffle ball and played on the swings. We also swam everyday and Cole overcame his fears and did a flip off of the high dive!


What a sweet grandpa!

We also found our way to Round Valley where we saw Travis (Cords brother) & Amy's new house. It's beautiful. Here are a few pictures from our visit with them. Can you tell Alli just loves her cousin Stella?


Travis & Amy


Just look at this amazing sunset! It seemed to last forever changing colors and intensity -- it was beautiful!

We had such a nice time with Cord's parents. I'm so glad we were able to spend a few days with them before all the family reunions started. I love this picture of them -- the boxing glove is sooo funny!

4 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

I'm glad you had a fun and safe trip. I love seeing all the pictures of St. Johns-kind of funny to see it from someone else's eyes.

Britney said...

A) The boxing glove is funny!
B) Are you sure that is Travis and not Cord?! Wow! They look a lot alike.
C) Cord rapping?! Please oh please next time get a recording. I must witness this first hand somehow!
D) Great pictures of the kids and their cousins. Sounds like a great trip!

Unknown said...

that canyon looks really cool. i agree about the rapping bit with cord. THAT would be something to hear! glad you had a great time. nothing like great memories with family.

symonie said...

Great photos Heidi-ho. I love the one of Mom and Dad because she looks so happy! And I'm sorry I missed out on Rondejo. That would have been so fun.