Sunday, November 23, 2008

Daily Gratitude -- Catch up

Sunday:
Being Busy

I have been so busy I just haven't had time to blog -- believe it or not that is something I am grateful for. I like this quote. It reminds me that even when I want to pull my hair out because I have so many things to do I need to be grateful that I have something to do!
"Thank God--every morning when you get up--that you have something to do which must be done, whether you like it or not. Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you a hundred virtues which the idle never know."
~ Charles Kingsley ~

Saturday:
Safe Travel

We made it to California safe and sound -- Even if there was a lot o sound in the car we did enjoy our travel and are happy to be here!

Friday:
Going for it!

I am so grateful for a daughter who is willing to "go for it". Alli has only been playing basketball for 2 years -- and that is just city league ball for 2 months a year. This year she decided she was going to try out for the school team and she made it! They had their first game on Thursday and unfortunately they lost by one point in overtime.

Thursday:
Quilt Group
I loving having a creative outlet and quilting has given me hours of creativity. I love to look at the fabric and decided what will look best in a project. I love to scour over quilt patterns and books trying to decide what I want to make next. So you can imagine how fun it is to be around women who feel the same. And these are all women I just recently met. We have a great time showing off projects and teaching each other what we know.


Wednesday:

I'm not too old

I am grateful that I am not too old to go to the midnight movie with my teenager! But boy am I tired! We both liked Twilight btw.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

so glad you made it safe and sound to cali. nothing ruins a trip like car troubles.

that was a fun game on thurs. they should have won, though. hopefully the next one. . which is tomorrow, but you won't be there!

i saw twilight sat night and thought it was good. they did a nice job keeing the story line and overall feel of the book. a few minor things i didn't like, but overall, really liked it.

oh, and have a great week on vacation!

Robyn said...

I don't know how I would fare attending a midnight movie! By 10:30 or so I am yawning... I am seeing it tomorrow night- I hope it's good!!!

3girlsmom said...

that is too funny! we had fun too! we were at the midnight showing also. well, by the time we were done you all were just going in. i liked it too but some parts could have been better.

but all the teenie boppers in the theatre cracked me up!

Karen said...

I'm glad you guys made it to CA safely. I've been checking on Penny and even took her on a play date with Buddy and a couple of Beagles. I think she had fun. They're playing Poker this Friday. Miss you guys!

Marcie Ashton said...

Congratulations to Ali for making the basketball team. Good for her!