Saturday, November 15, 2008

Daily Gratitude

Book Club

I love going to book club each month. It is so fun to hang out with my really good friends and eat really good food and discuss really good (or bad) books. As a mom I need social time away from the kids and the duties of home, and when that social time includes intelligent discussion it's even better. I look really look forward to our meetings each month and hope we keep going for years to come. Check out our book club blog here

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Me too Heidi. I need this great distraction and would probably be spending time at the "farm" without it. I'm grateful for all your "book club" effort.

The Vests said...

Howdy Udalls! Hope you don't mind I've checked out your blog, very cute.

Robyn said...

I love bookclub too! I am so glad that you're our President. Ok, I know that's not offical, but you're like our mom. You always get the ballots ready, you created the blog, and hosting our Christmas party is important too. Thanks for keeping us in line.

3girlsmom said...

love your book club site! i am stealing ideas for ours out here from it! one question for you is that i picked up a copy of the thirteenth tale and put it on my list to suggest for ours next year. since ours is an enrichment activity we have to make sure what we read is appropriate. do you think it would be okay for that?

i think i am going to be starting another on the side so we can do some others too.

i agree with you about the getting some intelligent conversation! i love that part!

Unknown said...

I have "stolen" books from your book club. I read The Thirteenth Tale about a week ago. It was an interesting read.

Can I invite myself?

Brenda said...

I just can't say enough wonderful things about getting to come to book group, or as Gunar lovingly refers to it...old-lady-get-together-to-talk-about-nothing-group! I absolutely adore it! Let's do this until we're all wearing hearing aids!