Thursday, November 6, 2008

Daily Gratitude

Today I got a great idea from Design Mom. Each day in November you are to take a picture of something you are grateful for. I think it's a great way to look at the things around me and appreciate them. There is so much in my life to be grateful for --I should probably do this for more than a month. So to catch up -- since today is the sixth -- here are six things I am grateful for.

Cord
I could gush on & on & on & on...well you get the point. Instead all I will say is that I love him more than I can say and for more reasons than I can write. "I love your guts!"

Blue sky on a cold fall day.
After several stormy days I can't tell you how happy I am to see sun and blue sky. If I go too long without sun I start to get a little down (why so I live here?) The blue sky and crisp air make me happy.

A warm fire
I can't tell you how nice it is to have a fire warming the house. The heat feels so different from the furnace. It is constant unlike the furnace that is controlled by a thermostat that has to go down before it comes on.

A neat wood pile
It won't always be this neat -- as the kids pull logs out of the middle -- but right now I think it's beautiful. And it saves us so much money. Each fall Cord takes his handy chain saw and cuts dead wood out of the forest and cuts & stacks it neatly for us -- a permit is only $25

Pumpkin desserts
This one is a recipe from Robyn. In October she posted one pumpkin recipe a day on her blog. It is as good as it looks!

New Slippers
One of my most favorite things in the world is a pair of new socks. These new slippers are right up there.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

These are all great things that you shared. I love this idea, I think I will start it next Monday for FHE with the kids and we'll all write things we're thankful for. It's much better in pictures, however.

Ooooh, that cake looks so good I want to make one right now! I hope you enjoyed it. I love when anyone shares my pumpkin obsession.

Marcie Ashton said...

What a cool idea. I think I will have to try that!

Anya said...

I have to agree on this one, I love comfy,cozy, soft,worm sleepers. That's what I hope Santa will bring for me...