Yesterday morning I awoke to this lovely celebration of my birth.
Not too subtle egh? My friend who happens to share my name had her 40th - yes Heidi I am putting your age on my blog - a few, no several, years ago. So to help her celebrate Cathie & I made this sign and hung it on her house. Well, that trickster kept this sign all these many years (I really am surprised moths didn't eat it it has been so long) and she hung it on my house.
My kids LOVED it. The thought it was so great that cars slowed down to read the sign. But if a car happened to be driving in the other direction this is what they saw.
Later that afternoon the Utah Udall's came over for dinner. It just so happens that my great sister-in-law Lindy & I share a birthday. So we get the pleasure of sharing a party. It was especially nice to have Cord's mom here this year (she had been at Education Week @ BYU)
Don't you love how Cord left the plastic wrap on the brownies when he put the candle on?
We had a party! And a good time was had by all. I had such a nice day full of visits from friends and phone calls from family.
Thanks to all my friends and neighbors for making my 40th a fun and memorable day!!
I love your guts!

8 comments:
Oh so many funny things to laugh at, I don't know where to start.
I LOVE that banner! I love that your neighbors actually honked! I love that Cord left the plastic wrap on the brownies! hee hee hee (What was that other cake? It looks delicious!) And, of course, I love the granny panties!
Happy Birthday old lady! I'm glad it was a good one!
Happy Birthday, your the best!
What a great birthday weekend and some fantastic birthday posts. You are loved.
Happy, happy birthday!
The Granny panties are my favorite!! You are totally loved!
Glad you had such a fun and memorable day, Heidi. Way to embrace the aging thing--just make it an adventure! I loved the pictures of you in the gray wig too. You guys have gotten some mileage out of that thing!
Happy Birthday!!! You are amazing, glad you had some raging parties and that everyone honked for you!
I can only pause from my sheer delight to agree with everything that Burt said! Love your guts girlfriend! Thanks for letting me tag along with all these many good years! I know there are many more even better ones to come! B:O)
I love it!! What a great sign. So funny that she held onto it for ALL that time... I'm sure it's been a WHILE, right? The honk sign is hilarious too. I am going to have to take notes for my sister's bday in a couple years.
You don't look a day over 30! Love your guts!!! Happy Birthday!
Oh, and I'll expect to see those Granny panties for the White Elephant this year!
Post a Comment