Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lily's Day

Saturday Lily was baptized.  It was such a beautiful day.  

I still marvel that my little Lily-lugnut is eight years old.  I can still remember holding her in my arms just after she was born.  I loved her so much then and that love has only grown.  It's amazing how we have the capacity to love love so much.  She makes me smile and is such a fun character to have in our family.  

She was baptized in the same dress I was baptized in (a mere 32 years ago).  Alli was baptized in it as well.  I need to find the pictures of each of us in the dress.  They will be fun to look at -- we can compare hair-do's. If I remember right I had a "Dorothy Hamill"




We took advantage of the opportunity and took a family picture. We actually all look pretty good!

Here Lily is with her bestest cousin ever...Georgia.



My parents flew in from California the morning of the baptism and Cord's parents drove up from Arizona.  Lily is so lucky to have had both sets of grandparents there. Having them there for such a special occasion was wonderful!  

Here is my ballerina niece Elicia


Chris (my brother) & Kim were here from California -- it was so great to have them there too!

My niece Pearl



Two of my favorite girls!



Here are the Boise Udall's

Trevor

After the baptism the family all came over for lunch. What can be better than good food & good conversation?

My Aunt Helen & my Papa Smurf


Ame & Nina share a little gossip over lunch.


Lindy, Sym & Kate -- 3 of my great sister-in-laws

Thanks to all of our friends and family who travel from near and far to share this special day with us.  I know it may sound corny but I really do feel blessed to have so many good friends and family members.  Lily had a great day -- one she will remember for the rest of her life and so will I. 

8 comments:

The Vests said...

Yay Lily!

Karen said...

Beautiful pictures from a beautiful day! The one of the whole fam is particularly perfect! I loved it. Is it true that you posted this at 3:45 am? Melatonin not working?

Heidi said...

Ha! No I didn't post it at 3:45 am. I started this post a few days ago but didn't finish it until this afternoon so i changed the date & time of the post -- but I forgot to change the am/pm.

Don't you worry I was fast asleep at 3:45 am!

Marcie Ashton said...

Congratulations Lily! What a great extended family to travel all that way for her special day.

Britney said...

Yeah Lily!!! I can not believe you have all worn the same dress!!! I love that!!!! What a beautiful girl! How can you not just love her?!

Brenda said...

Woot for Lily...Brett said you looked so beautiful in your dress...I love that tradition. Maybe the girls will have their girls baptized in that dress too...

Robyn said...

Looks like a great day for Lily! I love, love, love that dress and was going to ask where you got it! That is so cool that it was your dress. How special that she got to wear the same one as you! (Now, can I steal it?!) I also love the cute black/white with the pink ribbon too. What a well-dressed girl!

It's so nice that all your family could come and both sets of grandparents. The weather looks beautiful and the food too. I'm sure it was a lot of work for you but obviously it made for a wonderful day.

Anya said...

We are so happy for Lily!!!!
Congratulations!!!!
And yes, you will have to find those pictures of all of you in the same dress. By the way, I love the dress. Wouldn't of ever guess, it was 32 years old...