Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Will's First Day

No, I didn't cry but I kind of wanted to. My heart ached a little at the thought of half of the dynamic duo heading off to kindergarten. I mean these two little boys are a matching set. They do everything together. But not today.

Today Will started school. He's a big kid now.

He picked out his "outfit" and everything.

He was so happy to strap on his backpack and head off to "Cole & Lily's school" I had to remind him that now it is his school too.



What was Barry doing while we were taking our first day pictures you ask?

Ninja moves

Here Will is with his friend Reagan. Will is so happy they are in the same class. It is always easier to venture off somewhere new with a friend.

Heading off to line up


Will found his seat

We finally had to leave Will there. He didn't seem nervous or anything and just waved as Cord & I left. I can't wait to see how his first day was!

8 comments:

Britney said...

Oh my goodness! He is so cute! Love these photos!

I laughed so hard at Barry's ninja moves. Classic.

Were you the only mom there with her camera snapping away, or were they all lined up behind you like paparazzi? hee hee

Heidi said...

Paparazzi! I might have felt a bit silly if it were only me. But I probably still would have taken a bunch of pictures :)

Marcie Ashton said...

How was your day with Barry? Was he happy to be king of your world, or just lonely?

Kristin said...

heidi--you got some great pictures. He is such a handsome boy. It doesn't get any easier, I don't think.

Unknown said...

good luck to will! he looks so cute. . . and at least he is only gone half the day so he can still devote time to his best friend waiting at home!

Robyn said...

What a cutie! He looks adorable. It's a big day for him!!

Shauna said...

Are you so happy he's confident and self assured??? I don't think there is a greater feeling as a parent.

Anya said...

Men, it got me all tearry eye....and I'm not even their mother...