Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Grand Canyon

I will warn you now that this is a long post with many a picture.

But since I don't scrapbook you will just have to put up with my memory keeping via the blog. Plus I know the grandparents love to see all these photos.

So if you have some time to kill...enjoy...

Just before we reached the South Rim we saw this campground and had to stop and take some pictures. I can't believe how big Fred is!

Everyone is waving just like Fred (it looks like Barry needs to make a potty stop -- you know those long car rides)

I had the chance to work at the North Rim many moons ago but I've never been to the South Rim. And guess what -- they are equally beautiful. Those of you who have been there know that pictures just can't show the grandeur.





Can you see the rain coming?



Cord & I climbed down a ledge -- yes in flip flops so we could take this picture. A nice gentleman from France took it for us. Oui! Oui!

We made Cole climb down for the next photo -- he wasn't too keen on standing up.




Isn't the view amazing!






I think this sign said "Don't lean on sign"


We had a fantastic time. I thought the kids might get bored but they loved it and wanted to hike around and stop at every pull out so they could see the canyon from another view. I'm so glad we decided to take an extra day on our trip to do this.

I know I have mentioned this before, but I really do love the west. The drive back to Utah was breathtakingly beautiful. This may sound corny but I feel blessed to live in such a beautiful place and I feel so lucky to have opportunities to travel to such stunning places. This was the view out the windshield.





So now I close this post with this view...I'm lucky enough to get to see one of these "views" daily! (I know you can gag now. But I do love his guts!)

6 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

whoooo I get a little sick watching you all stand next to the edge. I'm not a fan of heights. But the view is beautiful-I just like it from a few feet back.

Chantel said...

Awesome pictures. You've got sweet skills.

Shauna said...

So beautiful!! You are so right about the west being so amazing.

Britney said...

GREAT pictures! You weren't kidding -- that Fred is HUGE!

The pictures of the canyon are so beautiful. We want to take the kids there. I'm sure it is even better in person.

Beautiful sunsets. Love the photos. Keep 'em coming!

Robyn said...

Oooh, I love the photos. Those should be framed in your home, for sure. Amazing views, I wish I could go see it. One day I will. I love the west too. It's a different kind of beauty than anywhere I've been in the world. Love it.

Karen said...

BREATHTAKING!! Seriously...Michael just had to perform mouth to mouth on me.


I love the one of you and Cord that the French guy took.

And the photos out the window were stunning. I agree with Chantel... you've got sweet skills! And a snazzy camera.