Saturday, August 15, 2009

One Last Field Trip

The kids and I decided we needed one more adventure before school started -- so at the invite of my sister-in-law Lindy we decided to meet her and my sister-in-law Symonie at the children's museum in Salt Lake. Sadly at the last minute Lindy & her kids couldn't make it (Lindy, Will really missed Makai!). So Sym & I enjoyed the day watching the kids explore and have a great time.

Here are some pictures of our day...

I love the picture of Cole & Satchel putting balls into an air tube. I think Cole liked it as much as his cousin.

The climbing wall was a highlight for Will & Barry where as Lily & Nina tried on all the costumes and played in "grocery store" forever.

As You can imagine Lily was not too shy about pretending to be on T.V. She sat right up to the desk and read the teleprompter. Barry loved getting on the big horse and Satchel who loves fans more than life was in heaven turning a fan on & off.

Now pay special attention to Cole's face. Can you tell how thrilled he is. Ha! I made him get up there for a picture. Now picture his face when he sees that I have posted it on the blog. Hee Hee

Okay, so I said the rock wall was a highlight for the boys... well actually THIS was the highlight. A Lifeflight helicopter for them to play in.

After the museum we had a picnic lunch and the kids played in the fountains at the Gateway.





Hold that skirt down Lily!


We had a great afternoon!

Now we are ready for that bell to ring on Wednesday!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

I love that last photo!

As usual I'm sad about school starting. I can be a big booby baby about this stuff.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great outing. How fun.

I love finding other LDS people in blogland.

Marcie Ashton said...

That museum looks like so much fun. It's those things that make me wish a lived in a bigger place (occasionaly). Hope the first days of school go well for you and all the kiddos.

Britney said...

I haven't taken the kids up there yet, but I should. It looks like so much fun!

I love all of the new photos on your sidebar. That Barry is so delicious!!!!! I also love your new background. You have been busy bloggy bloggin'!

P.S. I shall now make fun of Shauna for saying she can be a big booby baby. hee hee!

k8shoe said...

Very cute kids! Looks like fun! I am so sad about Summer being over but not about school starting! :)