Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of School!

Today is the first day of school for us. The sun is shining, the house is a quiet (ok that is because Barry is sick) and all is right in the world.

As usual I forced a photo session on the kids before they left this morning.

Alli is starting her sophomore year which I can hardly believe. I still remember taking pictures of her on her first day of kindergarten. It seems that over night she is all grown up. I know that sounds so cliche, and that you have heard it a million times from a million parents. But I guess despite my joy at the return of a schedule I am feeling a bit sentimental. In a few short years (which I know will fly by) she will be heading off to college somewhere. Anyway...


Here she is all decked out and ready to take on the high school! Go Alli Go!




Lily has her "outfits" for the next 10 days all planned out & written down. I wonder where she got that idea... a big sister?



Here is our 3rd grader anxiously awaiting her first day. Lily is so excited to see her many friends and to use all her school supplies. Lily is a girl after my own heart -- she loves new crayons, pencils and notebooks. Who says school supplies are wasted on the young? They aren't wasted on Lily!

Here is our big 6th grader (I can't believe he'll be in jr high next year!) waiting for his photo shoot. Cole just LOVES getting his picture taken soooo much!



I think despite Cole's claims to the contrary he is going to have a great year. After all he is one of the "big men on campus"! He will be super busy this year with sports and homework and friends and I am excited for him to enjoy all those things.

Will had his kindergarten assessment this morning and I think they are going to still let him come to school. (ha ha) School doesn't start for him until next week. He has his reservations about starting kindergarten but I know he will love it.

And Barry will be heading off to "farm school" again and he can't wait!

So here I sit thinking about my kidos and wondering what they are up to at school today. I sure do love them and and excited for them to learn and grow this year!

10 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh, your kids are growing up so fast. And Ali is absolutely beautiful! What a cute fam!

Unknown said...

those first day of school pictures look great. i guess we will get to see will's photo next week, right?
I for one am very greatful the structure is back!

Marcie Ashton said...

You're kids are all adorable. I wish we lived closer to each other- then we could force them on each other! ;)

Christie said...

It's hard to believe it really is that time again. I think I'm still in denial! It's true, they really are growing up way too fast! Such nice pics.

Britney said...

I'm in denial too!!! I can't believe school is already here.
Love all of the pictures. WHat great looking kids. I just can't believe they are all so big already! They all look great. I hope they have a fantastic year.

Grandma Mary said...

School days...how quickly all of this season of your life passes...
great photos.

Karen said...

You have a great kids Heidi. Adorable.

Shayla said...

They are growing up. Alli has a new hairdo... I love it. I am glad that I don't have to send any of my kids to school yet, it makes me sentimental just thinking about you doing it. At least, Barry is around for another year or two. Can't wait to see Will's picture.

k8shoe said...

Very cute! Alli looks way too beautiful (and mature)! Hooray for school starting!

Brenda said...

STINKIN CUTE KIDS! ALLI...YOU'RE TOO GORGEOUS FOR DESCRIPTION!