Friday, September 4, 2009

Barry's First Day


Last week Barry started "Farm School" (preschool) again. He was very excited for it to finally be his turn to go to school. He has been patiently waiting as his siblings have trotted off to school, for it to be his turn to put on a new shirt and shoes and head out the door.


Getting a bit of playtime in before school starts.



It is so hard to take a picture of this turkey. He won't stand still and he makes all kinds of goofy faces!!

Barry has been so funny about school this year. I guess he was feeling left out of the nightly routine. Now that school has started we have a routine of dinner, followed by baths/showers for the younger kids, then homework and reading time. Barry not wanting to be left out has been doing some homework himself. He got out one of the workbooks we used this summer and Cord & I have been helping him fill it out.

He is starting to read and was so proud of himself a few nights ago when he sounded out the word "bottom". He then laughed himself silly like any good 4 year old would.


9 comments:

Britney said...

Those pictures are so stinking cute!!!!!!!! He is a funny kid!

Kristin said...

What a sweet boy. Darling pictures--glad his big day finally came.

Grandma Mary said...

Great photos...what a boy kid...

Marcie Ashton said...

Glad he finally had his day....I bet yours was pretty nice as well.

Karen said...

He is such a doll! Those are some great photos!! And thanks for the coconut milk answer!

Unknown said...

what a smart little cookie!! and a cute one, too.

Anya said...

I love and hate seeing my kids growing and learning all the stuff.
I remember when Drew was learning how to read and the same thing happen as with Barry....he just laughed silly....It's so sweet!!!

Robyn said...

How did he get so big!?! I'm so happy for him, that he finally gets to start school. It's just like Ashley, she's waiting and waiting and soon it will finally be her turn. Hurray for Barry!

Brenda said...

Priceless...