Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Autumn

Today is the first day of Fall.


It definitely felt like it this morning. It was 50 degrees when I drove Alli to school and I got to pull on one of my new sweaters. I love sweaters -- especially cardigans -- they make me happy.


The nice thing about fall weather is that there is a chill in the air before & after the sun is up, but during the day it is a perfect 78 degrees.

It's time to clean out my flower beds and plant some bulbs for spring

Soon there will be warm fires burning in our living room and there will be a lot of pumpkins desserts cooking in my oven. Hmmmm maybe I'll start today in honor of the first day of fall -- the baking not the fire burning.

The leaves are changing. I think we'll have to take the kids up the canyon for some family pictures this weekend.


Sadly the days will be getting shorter and the nights longer. I have to say I love having the summer sun greet me in the morning. But it feels like it's time for the seasons to change and I'm excited for it.

By the way all of these beautiful pictures were taken by Alli for a nature assignment in her photography class. She's good egh?

6 comments:

David and RaieGene Robison Family said...

Love the pictures! I wish I could take a photo class. We were up hobble creek last night not to many colors yet. I think next week. But I always miss them! go luck if you find a good place let us know.

Britney said...

I LOVE autumn! I can't wait to start baking and making soup!

Love Ali's pictures!

Kristin said...

Beautiful photos. It's a wonderful time of year.

Christie said...

Her photos look professional! I love the last one of the sky. So beautiful.

Unknown said...

i was about to say how much i loved your pictures. . .and then i read that alli tookt them! wow. she is doing a great job.
today doesn't feel like fall to me, though. it is too hot!

Robyn said...

Great photos Ali! I love them, this totally gets me excited for Fall. My favorite time of year. All the things you mentioned get me so happy for the season change. Especially PUMPKIN creations, of course!