Saturday, September 19, 2009

Organizing

I have a "bill cupboard" that is usually the messiest place in the house. Yesterday it was busting at the seams with paper but today it is spic & span!! I finally got on the ball and cleaned it out.

I think I shred enough paper to make confetti for the HS football game tonight.

So here is the beautiful cupboard now. I got some scrapbook paper and covered the inside of the doors. That was so I can look at something cheery when I open it up. Heaven knows I need something to distract me from the fact that I have to pay bills.

I want to go and get some cute containers to put in here too -- but I was just too excited to show you (okay my mom) that I cleaned out this awful cupboard that I am posting pictures pre-cute containers.

I also glued a small bit of cork board on and made a grid of ribbons on the other side so I can keep small notes & reminders (like the SF Giants ticket from when Barry hit #700) handy.



I really like the way it turned out. Now I can cross this off my list... only 40 other organizing projects to go!

4 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

I love the idea of covering the inside of the doors. It makes it so cute. Maybe that would inspire me to actually look inside my junky cupboard.

Chantel said...

Watch out Martha Stewart! Heidi's gunning for your job.

Britney said...

(hee hee Chantel!)

It looks SO GOOD! Love the scrapbook paper lining, love the corkboard, love the ribbon grid. It turned out so nice! Way to go Tiger! :)

Robyn said...

What a great idea! I love the cute paper, corkboard, and ribbon inside. You're seriously so crafty. V.Impressive. I totally need something to cheer me up when I pay bills too, but unfortunately it's usually done online. Maybe if I hired someone to massage my shoulders whilst I pay bills? To de-stress me? Hmm, not so cost effective I guess.