Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend Part One

Cord & I decided that camping this weekend just wasn't going to work but we still wanted to take the kids up the canyon. So Friday night we loaded up the van with dinner and stuff for s'mores and headed off (minus one teenager who was at the HS football game).



Can I just say that I love living this close to the mountains. In just 20 minutes we are in a beautiful forested area with a creek! Then in just 20 minutes we are back home, in baths and off to bed! I love Utah!

Cord just loves having his picture taken

So do I -- Lily took this one


The leaves are just starting to show a little bit of color. I love the fall and can't wait to take a hike up the canyon in a few weeks when we can enjoy all of the beautifully colored trees.






The kids had the best time crossing back and forth over the little creek. What is it with little boys and water?

I of course had a lot of fun taking pictures -- you would not believe how many I have! What is it about women and cameras?

I wish I would have had my camera in hand when an unexpected visitor entered our camp site. The kids and I saw a fox down by the water. He (I'm calling it a he even though it very well could have been a she) stopped and looked at us for a few seconds. Then as I went for my camera he ran toward us (of all things) and ran right through the camp site. He was a beatuiful red fox with a white tale. As we drove out tof the campsite later that night we saw two more. Very fun!

We finished off the night with roasted marshmallows and s'mores...





We had a great time. It was the perfect way to start our long weekend. Oh & fyi the HS football team won!

4 comments:

3girlsmom said...

fun stuff!!! love all the pics of the kids. esp. the first day of school ones. soooooo adorable!!! i have yet to post ours. i've been a bad blogger.

i know what you mean about being 20 min from something. we are too but it's the beach instead of the canyon. (although i'd take the canyon once in a while i do love the beach.)

hey how about those giants yesterday!!! they really spanked the padres. when i saw the game on the screens at applebees i thought of you.:)

Britney said...

So fun. I love being up in the mountains.

Karen said...

What fun! Where do you guys go when you go up the canyon? Love the pictures. What cute kids!!

Robyn said...

I hear you! I love being near the canyon too. Utah is such a beautiful place and it's great when you can take advantage of it. I wish we could go a few times a week but that's not really realistic. Looks like you guys had a great night.