Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Sewing Project

I have wanted to sew with elastic thread for a long time -- but it terrified me! So after I saw Heather Ross on Martha several months a go I decided I could do it. I printed off the directions and I can tell you I was nervous (it took me a long time to sit down and try)I worried that I was going to have "issues" with the elastic thread in my bobbin - but low & behold it worked!


And I became giddy



It was so easy! I can't believe it. I called Cord, Lily & Alli over to the sewing machine several time so they could admire my work and see how dang cute those gathers were.

I think Lily was the only one that was truly excited... after all the dress was for her!



This is how it looked all gathered before I sewed up the sides and sewed the straps on.



And here is Lily Lumpkins in her dress. She hated the picture (is she a teenager already?) So I am only "aloud" to show the dress. I had a great time making it and will have to make some more soon!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

You rock! Love the dress...Tess would look darling in one too! (Wink, wink!)

Britney said...

So cute! Glad it turned out so well. I need to sit down and sew and give this a whirl....someday. :)

Marcie Ashton said...

Dang-you are so talented!

Robyn said...

SOOOOOO cute! I just saw that fabric tonight and wanted to buy it and make something. I love the dress. It is so adorable.

Unknown said...

that is awesome! i love how you are always making something. ..