I know this is so cliche but my mom really is one of my best friends. I love to talk to her on the phone -- which we do at least once a week. I only wish we lived closer so I could stop by at any given moment. She is an amazing cook and has created many memorable meals for me through the years. She also is a fantastic seamstress. You should see all the great things she has made from doll clothes to beautiful smocked dresses for my girls -- and everything always looks like I bought it at a boutique. I am grateful for all time she has taken to make these kinds of things for me. Then there is her house keeping. Martha Stewart has nothing on Mary! Growing up the house was always clean the laundry done and the house organized. She never had a sock basket! She even ironed our t-shirts!
But most importantly she was a mom. She was there for me when I woke up for early morning seminary and when I got home from school. She waited up for me until who knows when while I was hanging out with friends or dating. I even appreciate all the quotes and notes I found on my mirror when I was in high school. She has answered I don't know how many parenting questions and has loved my children. Her strength has carried me through difficult times and she has made me laugh pretty hard too. I am grateful for her testimony which she was always willing to share. My four brothers and I are lucky to have been raised by her. I love you Mom!

3 comments:
aren't we all lucky to have mothers that are so wonderful and inspirational for us?
Happy Mother's Day to a long lost friend! Email me so we can chat! I have been wondering what happened to you so I thought "what the heck" and I googled your name and happened upon your blog. Hope you had a great day! The kids are adorable!
Love ya,
Heather Linares (Phillips) soflamom1998@yahoo.com
This was such a nice post about your mom. It gives me hope that one day my kids will feel the same way! I hope you had a good one.
Post a Comment