No it's not the title of a new book -- it's Lily's end of year report. As a way to finish their section on different types of writing Mrs. Golding had each of the kids pick an animal to do a report on. Lily really wanted to do it on kangaroo's -- so she could show the picture of her with one at "farm school" (her old preschool) but someone before her choose it. So Lily picked seals.
We did some research here at home and she brought it into class where they wrote their reports. Then we had to make a habitat. We could use whatever we wanted to create a visual display for her class oral report.


So Lily and I decided to make paper mache ice cliffs and paint in some ocean. Here she is getting messy. I hadn't done any paper mache since I was in elementary school -- and I remember doing it with liquid starch. Apparently that is so 1979 and I should have made a paste out of flour. At any rate it turned out just fine.

Here she is painting away. Of course I didn't have any craft paint -- since I'm not much of a tole painter :) So we used some semi-gloss latex! Ha! Ha!

Well the latex didn't dry very fast and it was bed time so we busted out the blow dryer. Will and Barry kept running in to get their hair done. Who doesn't like a blast of warm air in their face?


And now for the final touch. The plastic animals were glued on. Luckily we found some at our favorite toy store Funfinity.


Today was the big day. Lily did her oral report in class this morning. She did a great job! Cord went to watch her and said she read like speed racer and that by far she is the smartest most beautiful girl in the class. Next week the class gets to take a field trip to the zoo!
2 comments:
Way to go Lily! Gotta love paper mache...gosh I miss elementary school! Have fun at the Zoo. Tallon and I went yesterday and the baby Giraffe is darling! :O) Brenda Sue
Wow. I haven't paper mached since...elementary school as well. I wouldn't have remembered at all how to do it.
Great job Lily! It looked awesome! I'm sure you really are the smartest and most beautiful girl in the whole school!!!! :)
Post a Comment