My sewing/craft/guest room has been a wreck for some time. I have had most of my sewing things in boxes under the desk and in the closet. Well my brother-in-law is coming to stay with us this summer so I decided it was probably time to get my act together and clean up. Here is what my desk looked like -- now granted when I took this picture I had emptied a box out onto the desk so it does look a little worse that usual.
And here is the room now. Last week I was able to head up to IKEA with Britney and we had fun buying a bookcase and all kinds of organizing things. A day shopping with out the kids was a treat! Cord however didn't think the bill was such a treat. :)
I took out one of the tables in the room and put things on the bookcase instead. This was much less space is taken up. I feel so good knowing that everything has a place now.
I love these jars with my Grandma Canning's old wooden spools in them. It makes me happy to see them and it reminds me of her. She was such a joyful person and I miss her dearly.
Ahh and I must say I love my label maker!
And isn't this a cute pin cushion? Carrie from my quilt group gave it to me after I taught the group one month.
So now I can find anything I need and Keegan doesn't have to look at a mess!
I've got someone coming to live with me too. Can you come organize my place? You are WAY better at it than I am. Love the beat box boys on the previous blog too. Very cute!
I love it. There is nothing like seeing real results from something that we choose to accomplish. I need to do some serious organizing myself. It never ends! But I like to savor each little accomplishment no matter how bit or small. Your room looks amazing. Enjoy it!
Love it! It looks so great! I especially love the jars full of spools -- so cool! It was well worth the trip to Ikea -- at least for me anyway since my bill was much smaller! :) ha ha ha! (I have to sneak it in in smaller doses!) hee hee
7 comments:
Can I just say WOW...it looks awesome!
I've got someone coming to live with me too. Can you come organize my place? You are WAY better at it than I am. Love the beat box boys on the previous blog too. Very cute!
Two things I love- organizing and Ikea! The room looks great. So glad that you took before and after photos.
I love it. There is nothing like seeing real results from something that we choose to accomplish. I need to do some serious organizing myself. It never ends! But I like to savor each little accomplishment no matter how bit or small. Your room looks amazing. Enjoy it!
I know this was a lot of work. Good job, it looks great.
Love it! It looks so great! I especially love the jars full of spools -- so cool! It was well worth the trip to Ikea -- at least for me anyway since my bill was much smaller! :) ha ha ha! (I have to sneak it in in smaller doses!) hee hee
you better watch out just a little more organization and you will begin to remind me of Shauna (scary) ha ha
Post a Comment