Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall


Autumn to winter, winter to spring
Spring into summer, summer to fall --
So rolls the changing year and so we change;
Motion so swift, we know not that we move.
-- Dinah Mulock Craik


I love this poem. It does seem that the seasons gently roll in to one another and before I have time to realize it, time has flown by.

Fall has arrived here. The nights are cool and crisp but the sun still shines bright most days. Apples are crisp too, full of flavor, and the summer fruits are gone. The kids are in school and I am busy trying to organize.

For some reason I seem to feel the need to reflect on my life, organize and clean more in the fall than in January at the first of the year. Maybe it is the changing of the leaves and my surroundings whereas in January all I see is snow -- just like December (and February and March).

At any rate I love this time of year. I love looking at the mountains and seeing red patches where the leaves have changed. For FHE last night we went to play at a park and had a grand time. Here are a few of us enjoying the fall evenings before they turn too cold.







5 comments:

Kristin said...

These are great pictures. I love Fall. Fall and Spring. Very much.

Was also admiring the leaves in the mountains today. Looking up there, wondering when that happened!! It just does.

Great poem, by the way. Thanks for sharing.

Robyn said...

Cute photos! I love, love, love Fall. It's the best time of year. I can't wait to get up the canyon and see the colors. Last weekend in Logan it was just gorgeous. I don't want it to end!

Shauna said...

I love Fall too. I don't want it to end too soon! I want to take many hikes before now and Halloween. I love the poem. You have the sweetest little family and you all look like your having a groovy time.

3girlsmom said...

i am seriously jealous! i wish we had that weather here. we won't see any of it until like jan or feb! and then it only comes in spurts! enjoy it for me too.

that is one thing i do miss about being down here in south florida, the seasons.

Chantel said...

Stinkin cute pictures. I am with you I love the fall. Although my love has been slightly diminished here because I know what waits for me on the other side of fall.