We also had visitors this weekend. Symonie (sis-in-law) came down with her two cute kids and played Saturday afternoon. Sym & I got to escape for a bit and went to The Corn Wagon (quilt shop)-- I LOVE that place. And Cord loved it that I didn't spend any money. I decided that I need to finish some of the projects I have stacked up before I allow myself to start another.
And even more fun was that two of my brothers Joe & Chris drove out from California and hung out with us this weekend. It was so great to see them. Cole was especially excited because Chris brought his xbox 360! We watched the "U" play on Saturday while talking to Dan (Chris & Dan are "U" alum)
My kids will probably tell you that the fun ended there. On Monday I made them "labor". Everyone had to clean their rooms, sort out all the clothes that don't fit & clean out their closets & under their beds. They hated it but I loved it. I can't tell you how nice it is to walk into clean rooms. There is still some straightening up to do and of course there is the "sock basket" but things are looking much better upstairs!
As a reward for all their hard work we took the kids to the BYU creamery for FHE. I think the rest of Utah County had the same idea -- but we were lucky enough to find a table and we had some good hot fudge sundaes! Whew! What a good weekend!

6 comments:
I'll say...could you be any busier? I love the pics of Ali! Can't wait to see her in person!
And might I add that we all look pretty good for pushin 30! Happy Birthday Heidi...glad I was close enough to celebrate this year...here's to many more celebrations! :O)
What a fun weekend. You always live it up and I love that I get to live through you! Now you know Heidi you are going to have to hide Alli, she is such a cutie! Glad you had a wonderful birthday! You are amazing!
you were right about being busy. i don't know if anyone can top that weekend!
can you send your kids out here to clean under my beds? just reading that makes me tired! i think i need a nap now.
Sounds like a great weekend!
Thanks for posting the one photo of me and my rather large mid-section in front. I shall someday return the favor...once I have a blog that is. :)
Dinner was great fun. Food was excellent.
Ali,
you look great! You have great form! I can't believe you're getting so old and grown up!!!!! Good thing you have a mama cheerleader that can mentor you in all of your cheer needs. :)
P.S. Your nephew Max is adorable!!!
OK as you well know I am not exactly pro-cheerleader. But I have to say Ali makes the cutest cheerleader I have ever seen and on top of that I know how fabulously smart she is. I guess I need to reconsider my dislike for cheerleaders. Thanks for helping me grow Heidi :)
Post a Comment