Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Is that Lily or Mia Hamm?

Lily has become quite the soccer star. As most of you know she is a bit of a spaz and I have to admit that I wasn't too sure how well she would do with sports. But last year we signed her up for soccer and she did great! She is surprisingly fast and athletic. This year she is even better. She seems to always be alone with the ball racing down the field. The problem is that there isn't anyone to pass the ball to so she has only scored one goal. But she is having a great time and that is the most important thing.
Lily is #9 in pink -- she is starting her break away


Just look at that form! She must take after her mom.

Here she is all alone going for a goal. I am so glad she likes to run and play. Athletics are so important for kids and I think the longer girls play them the more self confidence they have have. Not to mention all the things you learn from playing on a team. Anyway we are having fun watching the kids and cheering them on.

9 comments:

3girlsmom said...

she looks like a pro! my girls love soccer too. especially gracie. our fall season was literally washed out. so we are signing up for the spring which starts in january!

have fun! we too love to watch the girls play.

Marcie Ashton said...

Ditto on the girls sports! It really helps with self-confidence and image. And boy-it sure teaches a variety of lessons. Most of them having nothing to do with the actual sport! It's more about hard work, handling ups and downs, and getting along with others. GIRL POWER!

Britney said...

GO LILY!!!!

How cute is that! I'm not surprised at all that she is so good at soccer -- she must truly take after her mother. :) I shall now refer to her (and possibly you) as Sporty Spice -- perhaps Sporty Spice #1 and Sporty Spice #2

Chantel said...

She still has her shirt on it must be Lily. :)

Unknown said...

it is fun watching your children find something they like that is so good for them too! plus an added bonus that she is so good! Go LILY!

Robyn said...

She's on her way to the Olympic team! Too bad her teammates can't keep up with her! I totally agree about sports. Teaches so many things. I'm not a good example b/c Austin has learned that if he scores a goal I will buy him a Happy Meal. His response was, "Oh wow, then I will totally play hard". I guess he missed the lesson about playing your hardest ALL the time. Hmmm. Will have to work on that. BTW, he hasn't gotten a Happy Meal yet.

Kristin said...

Wow--she's lookin good out there. So big now. I think soccer is great--I love that it gets the kids out there running. Ally and Cortney are wanting to play, but we were too slow to sign them up. Next spring, hopefully . . .

Anonymous said...

That's great! I'm not surprised Lily is so good! I wish I could watch her. I am loving watching my kids play soccer. It's so fun. This is Elicia's first year and she is having a lot of fun. I hope all my kids like to play sports, for all the reason's you already mentioned!

Karen said...

Way to go Lily!!